Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Space Wolves are the fashion in Spain

Seems like Space Wolves are quite trendy now in Spain, I can count at least three different Space Wolf wonders winning trophies from spanish painters in the Golden Demons celebrated last month.

My friend Arsies (Javier González) won Gold in this year's edition of Golden Demon Italy. I thought I had to dedicate a post to spanish Space Wolves because of this amazing Space Wolf Lord, it has really surprised me! Congratulations to Arsies on his award!



This is another one from my friend Kai (Cristian Sánchez), he also won Gold but in Golden Demon UK 2010 last month (you might have seen it already). For me, Kai's best miniature so far, and I'm sure one of the best awards he's managed to win. Total different style to that of Arsies but check it out! Breathtaking!






And yet another Space Wolf, from Iguazzu (Alex Varela), silver in GD Italy 2010 just behind Arsies:



Check his blog for photos of the Italian GD and figures presented there. Meanwhile, check this harlequin in 80 mm from Rusto:

8 comments:

blang86 said...

That is the coolest Harlequin I've ever seen. Is it supposed to be a Harlequin Avatar?

Rafael García Marín said...

No, it's not a Harlequin Avatar. It's a representation of a Harlequin in a bigger scale, 80 mm in this case compared to the 30 mm of GW usual scale. And of course, it's Rusto's personal vision!

KyleM said...

Hey Raffa. Why do the Spanish guys name their Space Wolf, "The Last One" ? Iguazzu named his Italian winner that, and Pradal's winner from Spain is called that also. Is it a bad translation from a Spanish word? I am confused about the name...

Cheers.

Also. When shall we see a Space Wolf from you anytime soon? :p

Rafael García Marín said...

I don't really know for sure Kyle! I think that they mean "The last Space Wolf alive" sort of "The Last of the Mohican" and such. It's a bit careless to name the miniature the same exact way another one has done before, but I guess we'd have to ask Iguazzu himself!
We'll see a Space Wolf by myself sometime, I'm sure of that. But I'm sure also that it won't be any time in the near future ;) I'm more into elves right now, you might have realised that by now :P

KyleM said...

ok. cool. Thanks for the info. :)

I look forward to seeing your Space Wolf mini, actually I look forward to any works you do these days!

I am painting up a SW army very (and I mean very) slowly. I have Ulrik painted so far, thats it! :p

GDMNW said...

Brilliant collection. I can only look on in awe...

Anonymous said...

What colour scheme has ari used for his model as I would like to do my sw army in that colour :)also how did he make it? Bits from other models or sculpted the pieces?

Rafael García Marín said...

I think it's made out of different pieces, not much sculpting at all. Fot the colours, I could make a wild guess but I don't know for sure, I think the best thing to do would be to ask arsies himself. Why not visiting him at http://arsiesstudio.blogspot.com? He's very nice and I'm sure he'll solve any doubt you have. You can tell him you go on my behalf and he'll treat you like a king! ;)