Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Incoming changes on GD Spain 2012 rules

I was obviously mistaken on my previous guesses about that misterious event from GW (which was only the presentation of the infamous new painting range). But I wasn't mistaken about the changes to the spanish Golden Demon rules!


Tickets are on sale right now but the rules are still not updated on the web (while other countries with GD being celebrated much later already have them).

I've just received news from GW Spain that GW HQ is going to send new rules for the contest. So obviously we can expect to see changes similar to those taking place already in GD UK.

It is sad but I'm afraid they are going to take out Large Scale from the contest! And it's sad because I had something prepared for it! Anyway, these week all our doubts will be cleared, finally. Let's see what happens.

6 comments:

Herr Reckerth said...

Whatever happens with the rules, I hope they become the same worldwide. Those team/no team rules make things very complicated. Lets see what happens.

Rafael García Marín said...

I like Large Scale!! Last year we had absolutely stunning pieces in that category!!

Herr Reckerth said...

Don't get me wrong, Large Scale is one of my favourite categories, I have entered it almost every time I took part in a GD. But as GW does not release any new minis for Inquisitor, why should they keep this category? From a commerce oriented companies point of view, I can fully understand that decision, although personally I don't like it.


Chris

Rafael García Marín said...

You're totally right Chris. It is sad anyway :(

Unknown said...

I am still debating whether I am going or now - probably wont get too much finished. But with Spain having so many great painters it might be worth it after all.

I do love the large scale, too, btw.

Herr Reckerth said...

I just checked the Germen GW homepage. The rules for 2012 are now online and Large Scale is gone. On the other hand, teamwork seems to be allowed again. Good and bad news....


Chris