Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Games Workshop officially confirms plans for classic Golden Demon UK 2015

Just this morning I posted my very sad post about the supposed death of Golden Demon. The news spread like wildfire on the internet, and many mentioned the possibility of there being a normal Golden Demon at some point in the year. Finally, the news that I had hoped to hear, which only seemed a rumor this morning, is now confirmed officially by Games Workshop!

Read this reply from the Warhammer World staff to a member of the 'Eavy Metal Facebook Group, Mr. Jeff Northcott (who I want to thank very much for bringing me a bit of joy today back to my life):

    FROM: Warhammer World Events (Nick Bayton)
    TO: Jeff Northcott (legendary ender of uncertainty :P)
    3:04 PM 20/05/2015

    Hey there Jeff -
    First of all, my many apologies for the delay in replying to you.
    Let me reassure you; we are redesigning the Golden Demon season to have more events than ever before. The "Tanks" event is the first in an exciting new calendar of focused events, which will concentrate on a specific theme. However, we do very much plan on ending this season with the "Classic" Golden Demon that you have come to know and love.
    The standard Golden Demon event is not being split up into lots of smaller events... we're doing that one and loads more of these focused ones as additional extras, which means there is even more opportunity for painters to try their arm at earning a Demon.
    I'm afraid I can't offer you any dates or reveal the themes of the upcoming focused events because they are not finalised yet, and I'd hate you to arrange time off or paint a model for a certain date only for the date to change later.
    I hope I have alleviated some of your fears and answered your question.
    Regards

    Nick Bayton
    Warhammer World Events Team

Alright Golden Demon fans everywhere! It seems like "Classic" GD UK is still on the list, with the addition of these small Golden Demon single-category like events at Warhammer World. I certainly think this is very good news! Now, where will it be? It doesn't seem like Warhammer World will be able to hold a full Golden Demon. Maybe Coventry like last year?

2 comments:

Rick_1138 said...

Thats good news, means i have to actually start my squad entry now.....Le Sigh!

LeBlogDuGob said...

That is so cool, thank you for this information ! :)

Now I just have to paint my SM unit... ;)

Bye !